Possible or not (newbie)

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM

Hello !

I wonder if this is possible (newbie !!) with Mayhem (or another programm) ? :

I have opened a site bij IE. Via a button ("Save"), I can save the picture. Then I have to wait about 30 seconds (to give the possibility to save the picture). Then I have to push down another button ("Arrow right") for next page.  And so on !  The buttons are always on the same postiton on every page !

Thank you for your help !

Many greetings from Holland,     Janussie

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Yes. You would need to set up a window sequence reaction where you send ctrl +s , enter (to hit save), and right arrow. You could set the timer as event since you need to do this every 30 seconds or so. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 9:37 AM
anirudhranganath wrote:

Yes. You would need to set up a window sequence reaction where you send ctrl +s , enter (to hit save), and right arrow. You could set the timer as event since you need to do this every 30 seconds or so. 

Thank you very much for your help !

But.... now I realise it is more complicated as I thought    :)

I try to  ( batch)save from this site:  https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1-10628-18302-62?cc=1831469&wc=10773558

The problem is:  the right arrow is a link to another place  !!!

Perhaps do you have a solution for this ??

Janussie

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:14 AM

You should probably check out browser macros. 

or

If you know programming, you could set up a script/program which:

1) saves image (you pass initial url as input)
2) get the url in the src property of innerhtml where id is "next" and get the web response
3) goto step 1 till you get to the last image 

Jul 6, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Thank you for your answer, I really appreciate that !

Browser macros:  no idea what you mean ..........sorry

But.....................a newbie and no knowledge about programming. It's a pity, otherwise I could save all the registers of birth, marriage and dead (when I was sleeping)  :)          Now it tooks too long to save all this registers.

I am curious, if you can do this  ???

Greetings,  Janussie

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Macros are used to do repetitive tasks. Like click, save etc. 

Do this. Go to firefox, downlaod the iMacros extension/add-on.

Fire up the webpage with  the first image (the one above).

Start recording, click save and click next. After the second page loads, stop recording.

Now edit the macro. it should look something like this:

VERSION BUILD=7500607 RECORDER=FXTAB T=1
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
ONDOWNLOAD FOLDER=* FILE=+_{{!NOW:yyyymmdd_hhnnss}} WAIT=YES
TAG POS=1 TYPE=A ATTR=ID:save
TAG POS=1 TYPE=IMG ATTR=SRC:https://dkr0d30ggygt1.cloudfront.net/img/icon_next_img-1687f3d5a8902af3d0b92636afd1616b.png

(There may be another line mentioning going to the initial page. we want that to be removed.)
Now run a loop with max = number of images you want it to be saved. It should go about doing that. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

@ anirudhranganath: 

I did as you wrote above and got almost the same as you let see above (only Build = 7500607).  I run it, but I got this error: RuntimeError:  "ONDownload command was used but no download occurred (Error-code - 804)".

Before I ask you for the solution of this error,  I have to ask:  must I start with the startpage in FS and then play the macro, or..........?  And... "run a loop" you mean, that I give a number in the macro (repeat macro) ?

Thank you very much for your work and time !!!

Greetings, Janussie

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:14 AM

You must start it from the first image!

I made a screen-capture video of the process: http://youtu.be/yxTwvK4yerQ 

Hope it clears things up! 

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:09 PM

@ anirudhranganath:   I did so often look at your screen-capture video and I think the macro is the same as with you (only build-number is not the same !)

But when  I start to record, the first image is saved. Then I gor the above-mentioned error.   When you wish, you can contact me directly:  viermaalja (ath) hotmail.com. Perhaps somewhat easier ??  Or you can sendme the macro wit instructions how to install ?? 

Sorry, I feel very stuped, but have no idea what goes wrong.  I did also edit the macro by hand and I am for 99% sure, it is the same. Perhaps something to do with the version of Firefox or iMacros ??

Once again..... I appreciate your help very much ( and the will from your side that it comes "okay" for me !)

greetings, Janussie

Jul 11, 2012 at 8:07 PM

@ anirudhranganath:  I wish you to thank ALSO via this place. You are a very helpfull man.