This project is read-only.

c# express

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Can modules be created in C# express

thanks

Nick

Mar 15, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Great question! It looks like NuGet, the tool we use to handle dependencies, does not support C# Express.

However, it is supported in Visual Web Developer from what I'm told. Since you will only be creating Class Library projects, this should work out. We haven't tried it, so if you are willing, please give it a shot and let us know what you find.

Mar 15, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I've been looking around the source code contributions and it looks like I may have what i need.

This is what i want to do

I have a Zigbee Thermostat connected to a Zigbee coordinator (pretty standard stuff (HA1.1)

I already have the coordinator and thermostat controlled from a c# express application, (the app connects via a usb connection to the coordinator using a virtual comm port) do you think its possible to use the serial port contributed libraries within my c# app , then use mayhem to control the thermostat?

thanks

Nick

Mar 15, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Which serial port libraries are you referring to? Ones that are committed inside of the Mayhem source tree, Zigbee specific libraries, or the .NET libraries?

We are currently working on a Serial Port manager that will handle all the references to the Serial Port and abstract it out so you can have multiple connections using your event / reaction all talking on the same serial port. That should make what you are trying to do much simpler, but in the mean time you are welcome to use whatever system best fits your needs.

Mar 15, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I was looking at this

Rewriting the MayhemSerial add-on to be more C# consistent and manage multiple different events trying to talk on the same port (or listen).
Adding a SerialModules add-on that can be used to trigger when a string is sent over serial, or to send a string over serial.

Thanks

Nick

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Yes, those are the things we are currently working on. Once they are stable, they will be put up on http://makemayhem.com/Packages/All and made avaliable to developers as NuGet packages through Visual Studio just like MayhemCore and MayhemWpf.

Mar 16, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Can this package be added directly into the mayhem application? Also

• How would i add this module into my c# application in order to interface to the thermostat ?
  • Can this all be developed using c# express or have i got to spend a lot of money and purchase the visual studio?

Thanks

Nick

Mar 16, 2012 at 10:00 AM

You should be able to use Visual Web Developer instead of visual studio. Visual Web Developer is free. And once we have finished and gone through testing with the Serial Modules, they will be avaliable as NuGet packages in VS (or VWD).

Using VWD you should just be able to follow the instructions in the tutorials to create a reaction that would send commands to your Zigbee thermostat just like in your C# application right now.

Mar 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Thanks,

I'll give it a go

Nick

Mar 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM

A little update...

This is a NuGet issue of not supporting C# express. They currently have an issue logged for it, I would recommend anyone who this is an issue for go vote for it to be fixed: http://nuget.codeplex.com/workitem/184

Also, in terms of work arounds, as it appears from this post: ttp://stackoverflow.com/questions/4566908/how-can-i-use-nuget-with-visual-c-sharp-express, You can create your project in C# Express, then open Visual Web Developer to add your references through NuGet to MayhemCore (and MayhemWpf). Then close the project in VWD, open it back up in C# Express and you are good to go.