Be able to swap out events or reactions

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2011 at 3:37 AM

Erikm1: This may be out of place, but something else that may be an idea to consider (akin to adding the "Cancel" button when selecting an event outright): maybe there should be a way to change what event you've selected in any given connection after you've already created the connection? Just like you're able to further edit the settings?

This came up by my thinking I noticed another defect with the Key Press/Pop Up connection...I tried the pop up with the Timer event to see if I noticed the same thing, which I didn't, so I wanted to keep my connection but simply switch the event out to Key Press. It's nothing detrimental, but rather than being able to swap out any given event in a pre-existing connection (which could potentially have a lengthy path written into the reaction if it's the Run Program reaction, etc.), I have to completely redo the connection from the start.

Just another thing I thought I'd mention while poking around in the program!

jmeistrich: That's a good point. This could potentially be better. We should talk about a better way to do it.

SvenKratz: Right click to delete the module from the connection?

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2011 at 3:40 AM

This is also related to http://mayhem.codeplex.com/workitem/16. The difference is replacing a module already placed in a connection, and replacing a module in the "build a connection" section at the top. I imagine both places should have a similar experience.